Drupal pre-reqs: What you need to know before you start learning Drupal
I gave a presentation on Drupal pre-reqs: What you need to know before you start learning Drupal at DrupalCamp Atlanta on October 22nd, 2016. See below for the abstract of the presentation, and all the resources, including the slides and screencast videos.
Our business (SpinSpire) depends on training students and beginners on Drupal, and turning them into productive Drupal developers. Over the years, we have gone through this process dozens of times, and have identified the key skills that make the difference between success and failure in learning Drupal.
The topics include:
- Motivation: Why you should learn Drupal?
- Philosophical background: How to think like a developer?
- What to expect as a Drupal developer, themer or site-builder?
- How to be productive in Linux: command line, editors, grep/find, etc.
- SSH: ssh-keys, scp/sftp, rsync, port forwarding/tunneling
- HTML, CSS, LESS/SASS
- Development Tools: Chrome, NetBeans, HeidiSQL, Git
- Next steps: Where to start learning Drupal development.
- View the presentation slides here.
- If you need a cloud VM, you can use our affiliate link to Vultr :-)
- Drupal 7 crash course: screencasts
- Drupal 8 for Drupal devs: screencasts
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel.
We love to hear from you. Use the contact form to ask any questions you have.