Presenting at DrupalCamp Atlanta
I hope you're going to attend DrupalCamp Atlanta . It is less than two weeks from now - Oct 27th.
There is a great lineup of presentation sessions. You can browse the list here . I also happen to be presenting - Build a Complete Business App with Webform Module . Here's the abstract. I'll be posting the presentation slideshow and all source code here, after the event.
See you at DrupalCamp Atlanta !
Build a Complete Business App with Webform Module
Webform is an amazing and very versatile Drupal module, and you can do a lot by just configuring it. But did you know that with just a little bit of code, you can do a lot more? Such as:
- Generating template-based PDFs from webform submission data
- Attaching the generated PDF to the outgoing webform email
- Adding custom attributes to webform components for all kinds of amazing functionality, such as:
- Add an additional CC/BCC address to an email address component (this address gets a copy of emails)
- Make a select option "single use" (e.g. a seat that goes out of inventory once selected in a webform submission)
- Attach a "price" to a webform option
- and much more ...
This session will walk you through the process of building an app by configuring webform module forms that model your business process (for example, taking orders on the web), write a small module to enhance your webform components (such as attaching price), and then generate template-based PDFs from the submitted webform data and attach them to the email that goes out.